How does a car battery work?
It's no question that a vehicle's battery is essential to keeping your car running. At Platt's Performance Plus, Inc, we are experts in servicing car batteries, whether it be a battery in a Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford, Honda, or something else. In addition to battery service, we also perform other services like tune-ups, auto repair, scheduled maintenance, and engine repair.
Your car's battery provides energy to power your car's electronic system, which includes parts such as your car's sound system, air conditioning, and more. Energy is also stored in the battery to turn your vehicle on. Once the car is on, a series of reactions start in the battery, which generates electricity. Your car's alternator continues generating electrons to keep powering the battery. A standard battery contains twelve grids on six SLI battery cells, which means two grids per cell. Each cell emits two volts of electricity, which means the battery produces twelve volts of electricity in total.
How do I know if my battery needs servicing or needs to be replaced?
You don't want to be stuck in the middle of the road with a dead battery, especially in Jamesburg, NJ, East Brunswick Township, NJ, Manalapan Township, NJ, Monroe Township, NJ, and Old Bridge, NJ. If you think your battery might be failing, feel free to bring your car to Platt's Performance Plus, Inc and we can perform a battery system test to verify the strength of your battery and to determine if your battery needs to be replaced.. Here are some signs to look out for that indicate a failing or weak battery:
Dim headlights: One of the most obvious signs of a weak battery is the decrease in performance of your vehicle's electrical components, including your headlights. If you notice that your headlights are dim or other electrical components have slowed down, feel free to bring your vehicle to Platt's Performance Plus, Inc in Jamesburg, NJ, 08831.
Needing to press on the gas pedal to start: If you need to step on the gas to start your car, there is most likely a problem with your battery.
Your vehicle's battery light turns on: While this could also mean there is a problem with your alternator, your car's dashboard light turning on most likely means there is an issue with your battery.
Your Expert Shop for Battery Service
Look no further than Platt's Performance Plus, Inc in Middlesex County to fulfill all your auto repair needs. Our expert team of technicians has decades of combined experience and can take care of your vehicle, any model, and any make. We've been fixing cars since 1988 and are dedicated to providing top-notch customer experience and will make sure any issues with your battery are fixed as soon as possible.
Reasons You Should Do Business With Us
Don't hesitate to schedule an appointment with Platt's Performance Plus, Inc in Jamesburg today! You can schedule an appointment with us online at https://plattsplus.com/ or give us a call at 732-521-1978. Platt's Performance Plus, Inc - Quality you Can Trust, at a Fair Price!.
- How long does a car battery usually last? A car battery typically lasts around three to five years, but this can differ by things like driving habits and climate conditions.
- What are signs of a dying car battery? Signs of a dying car battery include slow turnover, dim headlights, and difficulty starting the engine.
- How do I jump-start a car with a dead battery? To jump start a car with a dead battery, connect jumper cables, starting with the positive terminals, then negative terminals. Start the running car's engine, wait a few minutes, and try starting the dead car.
- Can extreme weather affect my car battery? Yes, extreme temperatures, both hot and cold, can impact your car battery's performance and lifespan.
- How can I extend the life of my car battery? You can extend your car battery's life by avoiding short trips, keeping connections clean, and testing the battery regularly.